Under this core programme, IDI analyses and prepares strategies for economic growth, industrial and trade development. It partners with many national and international organisations to advocate for inclusive and equitable policies which can promote human development and jobs in societies.
While working on economic growth issues, IDI diversifies its work around the issue of urbanisation and urban development policies which are needed for agglomeration economies. Hence, it tries to understand and share analysis with partner organisation on issues such as transportation and other forms of social and urban infrastructure development.
These core programmes also addresses the following sectors:
- Structural Transformation in Economies;
- Economic Growth
- Analysis of Economic Reforms
- Trade and Industry;
- Post-MFN Scenario
- Role of trade in meeting SDGs
- Fiscal and Monetary Policy and Taxation;
- Fiscal Federalism and Devolution; and,
- Economic Aid and Development.